The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) announced that it has cited 112 establishments for coronavirus violations (through October 15, 2020) with fines totaling $1,603,544. Among the most common violations cited by OSHA, were the following “failures”:
- to report a virus-related injury, illness or fatality
- to implement a written respiratory protection program
- to provide a medical evaluation, respirator fit test, training on proper respirator use (and/or personal protective equipment)
- to record an injury/illness on proper OSHA recordkeeping forms
- to comply with the General Duty Clause of OSHA’s 1970 Health Act
For more detailed information about individual citations, you can find them at OSHA’s Establishment Search website.
HR Workplace Services, Inc. (HRWS) partners with the nation’s top insurance brokers and agencies providing their clients with best-in-class services for support and HR concerns, compliance and technology. HRWS operates in all 50 States and in over 25 different countries, serving organizations from three to 200,000 employees in 545 SIC Codes.
If you have questions about HRWS, call or email us directly or ask your insurance broker about us.
The information contained in this article is intended for educational purposes and to provide a general understanding of regulatory events, legislative changes and the law – not to provide specific legal advice.